Monday, January 25, 2010

Best of 2009

2009 was a great year for wildlife photography for me. From January until August I lived in the Netherlands and enjoyed there some great bird photography opportunities. Since I am back in the South of Germany wildlife photography has come to a minimum. A few weeks ago I realized that I haven't used my Sigma 500/4.5 EX HSM for nearly half a year and I haven't had a chance to test it with my new Canon 7D.
At the moment I am browsing through some old images and making a selection for the upcoming competitions and I thought it might be nice to make a short "Best of 2009" selection and post it here on my blog so that I at least have some updates here ;-).

2009 I focused on 5 specific subjects: - Short-eared Owls - Purple Herons - Bluethroat - Black-tailed Godwits - Marsh Harriers

I am very satisfied with the results I achieved last year and i really hope that I get some more nice images this, even though the outlook for 2010 is not looking so good at the moment for me, as it is my last year of my studies.

So here are my 10 most favorite images of 2009













All of these images were taken with my favorite combination : Canon 1D IIn and the Sigma 500/4.5 EX HSM in combination with either a Kenko 1.4x or a Soligor 1.7x converter.

I hope that I have time in February to go to Belgium again to photograph Short-eared Owls.

Sebastian Erras

0 Comments:

Post a Comment