Saturday, March 21, 2009

Short-eared Owls - Part II

So today I took another trip to Belgium to photograph my favorite subject for the moment, the short-eared owls. The weather was great, although it became a little misty in the evening.
I had to wait for 3 hours until they finally showed some action. There were at least 2 owls present and one was sitting for over an hour on a pole and I feared that the owl would stay for the rest of the day.



But luckily it was not like that and I finally get some great images of these birds. I got really close to get the shots of the owls I wanted, but I'm still missing some shots.









I definetly had a great day today with the Short-eared owls and hope that they will stay at this location for a longer period, because it is fascinating to watch these beautiful birds of prey.

Sebastian Erras
Wildlife Photography - Sebastian Erras
www.naturfoto-erras.de


0 Comments:

Post a Comment