Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rare and beautiful orchids

2 Days ago I visited a location in Bavaria to photograph orchids. There were 2 main species, which we were trying to find - Wanzenknabenkraut (anacamptis coriophror) and the Late Spider orchid (ophrys holoserica). After a few minutes walking we arrived at a field in a forest and close to a small lake and found the first late spider orchids. Unfortunately were a week too late and the orchid already withered, but we were still able to find some to photograh. It's the first time that I saw this orchid and I was amazed to see the variety of colors and textures on this orchid.









I also tried to photograph the full orchid, but that was quite a challenge with the high grass.
After photographing the late spider orchid, we decided to walk a little further to see if could find one of the rarest orchids in Germany - Bug orchid (anacamptis coriophora). We found a big field of bug orchids with probably about 100-150 of them and we came at the right time, as most of them were in perfect shape.

~ Bug orchid -Wanzenknabenkraut - anacamptis coriophora ~







As usual I used my Canon 7D - Sigma 150/2.8 - Sigma 24/1.8 - Tripod & Beanbag

That was probably for this year's orchid season. Maybe I get another chance in August after my exams, but that's not sure yet.

Sebastian Erras

0 Comments:

Post a Comment